The Project Assistant is responsible for assisting the Project Management Team. The Project Assistant will work with multiple project managers, project coordinators, estimators, and superintendents as needed across multiple projects. They will assist in managing projects, developing estimates, and performing administrative and other organizational activities for multiple people within the Project Management Team to ensure day-to-day project-related functions flow smoothly.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIE:
- Process project startups by setting up all files, paperwork and gathering any information needed.
- Create submittal logs, emergency forms, project contact lists and purchasing schedule.
- Prepare and generate project, labor, and other reports as needed.
- Compile quarterly rebate forms.
- Setup hand-off meetings with drawings, documents, and agenda.
- Prepare, maintain, and communicate project updates.
- Follow-up on contracts requiring signatures from trade partners.
- Generate Change Order and Request documents monthly.
- Utilize Transaction detail to populate billing spreadsheets.
- Assist with close out documents and the final paperwork for projects.
- Other duties as assigned by Management and Leadership.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works very closely with the Project Management team and with other internal team members in operations, estimating, accounting, and the field crew. Interacts as an essential part of the Project Management team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability; taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus; and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations with limited standardization.
- Self-motivated and independent
- Achievement-driven and possess the initiative to proactively approach problem solving.
- Able to work diplomatically under stressful conditions and pressure.
- Understand and interpret architectural blueprints/drawings and specifications.