Responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at residential and commercial construction job projects. Constructs, erects, installs, and/or repairs structures and fixtures made from wood and other various materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare job project layout, dimensions and materials required.
- Constructs and repairs structural woodwork and equipment working from blueprints, drawings, or instructions.
- Cut and shape materials to prescribed measurements using hand and power tools.
- Anchor and braces forms, and other structures in place using such fasteners as nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges and timbers.
- Builds and/or repairs frameworks, floors, doors, cabinets and other wooden fixtures
- Lay out and install interior and exterior trim using hand and power tools.
- Construct rough wooden frameworks; installs rough window and door frames, partitions, sub-flooring, and sheathing on outer walls and roofs.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Builds scaffolds, platforms, screening fences, and temporary shelters
- Finishes surfaces of woodwork or wallboard
- Inspects all work to ensure quality and accuracy and make necessary adjustments.
- Follows all established safety rules and regulations, and maintain a safe environment
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Always take responsibility for the care and use of all company-owned equipment
- Perform any special assignments or projects as requested by Management.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Must have good knowledge of the materials, methods, and tools involved in construction
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Must be able to travel out-of-town for various job projects and stay overnight when required.
- Must hold, or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
- Walk, prolonged standing, climbing, bending and kneeling
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move 25+ pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.