Painters are responsible for performing tasks involving the proper application of paints, stains, varnishes, and other finishes to buildings, building components, and other structures. Painter is expected to choose the right paint and/or finish and the proper method of application for the surface to be covered.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Paints buildings, structures, equipment, components, and furniture using various applicators.
- Finishes surfaces of woodwork or wall board in residential and commercial structures.
- Prepares walls/surfaces and applies wallpaper, vinyl and fabric coverings
- Prepares surfaces to be covered, so that the paint will adhere properly
- Thoroughly covers surfaces and furniture to protect from paint.
- Washes walls and trim. Fill holes and cracks, sand rough spots, and brush off dust.
- On new surfaces, applies primer or sealer to prepare the surface for the finish coat.
- Mix, match, and blend various paints, enamels, lacquers, varnishes, stains and special pcoatings to achieve desired color, consistency, and drying
- Uses color wheel and other color systems.
- Safely erects and uses ladders and scaffolding for painting/finishing structures
- Clean and care for brushes, spray guns, and other equipment
- Removes all spattered paint after a job is complete, and cleans works sites.
- Inspects all work to ensure quality and accuracy. Recognizes and remedies failures and remedy
- Follows all established safety rules and regulations maintain a safe and clean environment.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate labor records; charge out materials properly to the appropriate job.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Always take responsibility for the care and use of all company-owned equipment
- Represent the Company in a professional manner,
- Participate in company training programs
- Perform any special assignments or projects as requested by the Field Operations Manager, or other members of management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Course work in skilled crafts or trades training or experience in the field.
- Proven ability to read and comprehend basic written instructions
- Basic math skills that pertain to the construction industry.
- Must have good knowledge of the materials, methods, and tools involved in construction
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to climb elevations and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to travel out-of-town for various job projects and stay overnight when required.
- Must hold, or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
- Both indoors and outdoors and subject to variable weather conditions
- Primarily physical and often strenuous.
- Frequent work with moving mechanical parts, sharp or rough materials, sharp tools, power equipment, and working in situations where there is risk of slips and falls.
- Hours of work will generally average 40 to 44 hours a week.
- Some variation in work hours due to project work levels, deadlines, and other customer needs.
- Walk, prolonged standing, climbing, bending and kneeling
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move 25+ pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Email HR for a full detailed description of the position