Steel Stud Framer
Responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at residential and commercial construction job projects. Constructs, erects, installs, and/or repairs structures made from steel, wood and other various materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare job project layout and assists in determining dimensions and materials required.
- Work with crew members performing building erection of pre-engineered, conventional metal, and steel stud buildings.
- Installing roofing, siding, insulation, and flashing to specifications.
- Cuts and shapes materials to prescribed measurements using hand and power tools.
- Anchors and braces forms, and other structures in place using such fasteners as nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, timbers and other materials.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Inspects all work to ensure quality and accuracy with levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment, and make necessary adjustments.
- Follows all established safety rules and regulations, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and always maintain a safe and clean environment on the jobsite.
- Proven ability to read and comprehend basic written instructions, read a ruler, and have a good basic math skills and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have good knowledge of the materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction and repair of buildings, and the ability to work safely with all types of hand and power tools.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively, work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines.
- Analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision, and complete daily activities according to established work schedule.
- Must be able to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Experience with wood framing is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to climb elevations and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to travel out-of-town for various job projects and stay overnight when required.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.