Business Development Associate
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Development Associate/Construction Sales Representative. If you are an experienced construction sales professional and excellent communicator, you enjoy building relationships with customers and you want a career with purpose, this is THE opportunity for you!
This vital position will consist of new business development coupled with traditional sales activities within the company’s primary commercial market. In addition to driving new commercial business in a competitive construction market, the successful candidate will assist in maintaining current client accounts and developing marketing plans to support sales activities, as well as consult with Leadership to further expand our customer base in Northeastern Wisconsin.
Candidates must have extensive knowledge of the construction industry, codes & standards, and the ability to read blueprints. Previous construction sales experience is required; commercial preferred. Critical skills necessary for success include the ability to establish trust and build long-term relationships, negotiate effectively, multi-task, and be results-oriented. Confidence, assertiveness, excellent communication skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit are also required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has a degree or is pursuing a degree in sales, marketing, business or related field, and/or at least 7+ years of experience in construction sales.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships in a sales role. Personal presence and confidence to establish immediate trust with new clients and build long-term client relationships. Proven selling ability with emphasis on building and maintaining business relationships and applying negotiation skills.
- Strong sales skills with the ability to actively listen to the client’s needs and educate the client on what you and the company bring to the project and close the sale.
- Knowledge of computer usage and industry-associated (drafting/design, project management, scheduling, sales tracking) software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a commitment to continuous improvement in:
- Email communications
- Phone or in-person communications
- Striving for excellence in spelling and grammar
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- You are dedicated and devoted to a task or a purpose with loyalty or integrity.
- You are intense and driving in nature.
- You naturally need variety and an opportunity to work at a faster pace.
- You are naturally assertive and self-confident.
- You have a desire for independence and an ability to control your own activities.
- You need challenges.
- You can work with uncertainty.
- You are Humble! This may seem counterintuitive to the characteristics of intense and driving but it’s not. If you’re perfect and know everything, please do not apply.
- You have an extraordinarily high level of accountability for yourself and others.
Competitive base salary plus lucrative commission plan; Six figure income achievable for above average performers; Company Vehicle provided. We also offer a complete benefit package including paid vacation and holidays; health, dental, disability insurance; and 401K plan with company match.
For the right candidate who fits into our culture and embraces the growth of this expanding family-owned construction company. Come on, take that next step in your career, and have an opportunity for additional growth, you will want to join our team.
Our competitors may have the same equipment we do, but they do not have the ability to duplicate our people or implement our processes to provide the best customer experience.
If you are an outgoing, self-directed sales professional with the desire to play an important role in the continued growth of this high-quality company ~ then apply now, we’re looking forward to meeting you!